1. Collection of Personal Information and Notification of Purpose of Use
T&D collects personal information in a lawful and proper manner. When T&D collects personal information, the purpose of use will be promptly notified to each individual, or published on T&D's website, etc., except when the purpose of use has been announced in advance. This does not, however, apply when notification or announcement is not required by laws or regulations.
2. Use of Personal Information
(1) Purpose of Use
T&D uses personal information in a lawful and proper manner to the extent
- Receiving requests for materials, confirming the contents of the requests, and sending materials;
- Providing services and related information of T&D to website users (including sending e-mail, in response to inquiries); and
- Providing insurance products ,other products, services and these information of T&D’s subsidiaries and affiliates, and maintenance of contracts ;and
- Business management of subsidiaries , incidental activities and provision of various information.
* Notwithstanding the above, T&D corrects and uses the specific personal information etc. of its customers in accordance with laws and regulations to the extent necessary to fill out legal documents which require individual numbers.
(2) Restriction on Purpose of Use
T&D does not use personal information beyond the extent necessary to fulfill the intended purpose without obtaining the prior consent of each individual, except in the following circumstances:
- a.In instances when required by laws or regulations;
- b.In instances when necessary to protect human life, body or property, and the consent of each individual can not be readily obtained;
- c.In instances when specifically necessary for the improvement of public health or for the sound and healthy growth of children, and the consent of each individual can not be readily obtained; or
- d.In instances when necessary to cooperate with government agency, etc. in providing services, as stipulated by laws and regulations, and if obtaining the consent of each individual may pose obstacles to the implementation of such works.
* Notwithstanding the above, T&D does not use the specific personal information etc. of its customers beyond the scope of the purpose of use, even if there is consent of the customer, with the exception that the Number Act regards the case as an exception.
(3) Proper Supervision over the Third Party
In case of T&D considering the handling of personal information to a third party, T&D conducts a strict investigation on that third party and provides proper supervision over the third party to maintain confidentiality.
3. Provision of Personal Information
- (1)T&D never provides personal information to a third party without the consent of each individual, except in circumstances as described in a. or d. of the preceding 2 (2).
* Notwithstanding the above, T&D does not provide the specific personal information etc. to a third party, even if there is consent of the customer, with the exception of the case described in the Number Act.
- (2)T&D and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“T&D Insurance Group”) will share personal data as follows in order to conduct group management and risk management, as well as to develop and provide higher value added products and services.
Items Details Personal information used jointly
①Our shareholder information about name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, number of share held, etc.
②Name, address, date of birth, gender, telephone number, and other information stated in the application form, payment status of insurance claims and benefits, and other personal information necessary to achieve the purposes of use described below.
Purpose of joint use
Personal data of ①
(1) Contacting our shareholders, providing various types of information, etc., and shareholder management
(2) Other operations related or incidental to the above
Personal data of ②
(1) Business management, risk management, operations incidental thereto, and compliance with laws and regulations, etc., of T&D Insurance Group
(2) Initiation and maintenance of various transactions (including underwriting, continuation and maintenance of various insurance policies and payment of insurance claims and benefits, etc.)
(3) Providing products, services and these information of T&D Insurance Group
(4) Providing information to customers regarding T&D Insurance Group's business and enhancing operational management and products and services
(5) Other operations related or incidental to the above
Scope of joint users T&D and its consolidated subsidiaries and affiliated companies listed Securities report, etc., that have already implemented external notification in accordance with Article 27, Paragraph 5, Item 3 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information. Responsible for the management of personal information Each joint user who handles the relevant personal date
* Notwithstanding the above, T&D does not use the specific personal information etc., jointly, even if there is consent of the customer.
4. Management of Personal Information
- (1)T&D implements internal rules regarding management of personal information in addition to maintain personal information safely and accurately, and manages it safely at each stage of collection, use, custody, disposal, etc.
- (2)T&D implements appropriate security measures against unauthorized access, computer viruses, etc., to prevent leakage, loss, corruption or damage of personal information.
- (3)T&D never leaks personal information by taking it out or sending it outside.
5. Disclosure (including disclosure of records of information made available to/obtained from third party), Amendment, Suspension of Use of Personal Information
When each individual asks to have the information disclosed or amended, or its use suspend, T&D responds to such requests promptly after identifying the person unless there are special circumstances.
T&D also deals with requests regarding personal information in an appropriate manner.
- (1)T&D designates the person responsible for the appropriate management of personal information.
- (2)T&D provides all directors, executive officers and employees with training program on protection and appropriate management of personal information to ensure proper handling on a daily business.
7. Compliance Program for Personal Information
To ensure thorough implementation, an item regarding protection of personal information is included in T&D's "Compliance Program", which is a concrete action plan for all directors, executive officers and employees on observing laws and regulations.
Please contact the address below if you have any requests, opinions, questions or proposals regarding the handling of personal information by T&D:
- T&D Holdings, Inc.
- 2-7-1, Nihonbashi, Chuo-ku,
Tokyo 103-6031, Japan
TEL : +81-(0)3-3272-6110
FAX : +81-(0)3-3272-6552